Full-Stack PHP Developer
We’re on the hunt for a Full-Stack PHP Developer to join one of the North’s top digital agencies, right in the heart of Heaton Moor. We’re minutes away from the M60 (and the nearby parking is completely free), Heaton Chapel train station is just down the road and Manchester city centre is a stone’s throw away.
We’re an integrated agency that specialises in branding, web design/development and digital marketing. We’re at our absolute best when we’re working with the Brands of Tomorrow. Brands not afraid to try something new, to go against the grain and break the mould in their respective industries – whether it’s the fashion, food and drink, hospitality or sports sectors. There’s no danger of having to deal with crap work, don’t worry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented and passionate team, working across exciting projects where you will get a real sense of involvement from the very moment you start. Maybe you’re an undervalued junior, maybe you’re a middleweight developer looking to take on more responsibility – whatever your circumstances, if you tick the boxes below, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Good knowledge of MySQL or similar systems
- Desire to work on a variety of creatively challenging and technically robust projects
- Willingness to learn and experience with new technologies
- Ability to work within a mixed team of creative, technical and production staff
- Experience developing responsive web and mobile applications, as well as development for touch screens
- A working knowledge of testing tools and frameworks, including TDD and BDD
- Experience with front-end automation tools
- Familiarity with source control
- An understanding of OO programming concepts and MVC frameworks
This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet within one of the top digital agencies outside of London. By joining AHOY you’ll become an integral part of a team with a culture and atmosphere has been instrumental in our success.
If this sounds like it might appeal to you, this is a great opportunity to join an award winning agency, and we’ll only stop our search when we find our star candidate.
The salary is circa £30k judged on experience.
NOTE: We do NOT use recruiters. Unwanted calls and emails from recruiters take up a lot of our time. Emails will be ignored and reported to known spam servers. If you attempt to call, do not be surprised if you are spoken to bluntly.